What You Need To Know About Diode Laser Hair Removal
Diode lasers are a fairly new technology. The diode hair removal systems allow the wavelength of the pulse to be changed according to the need.
The wavelength of this type of laser ranges from 800-810nm.
Diode lasers are built of semiconductors or diodes that emit photons. These photons are concentrated to form the laser output. The change in wavelength is achieved adjusting the current amount to the diodes.
Who Does This Work For?
The diode laser hair removal system is effective on darker coarser hair as well as darker skin types.
- Wavelength can be tuned according to needs.
- less chance of skin burns and discoloration.
- Fast recovery for many individuals.
- Longer wavelength allows for deeper skin penetration.
- Possible burns and discoloration of the skin.
- These lasers are possibly linked to urticaria.
- The technology is fairly new which means less research about the long term results.
Diode Laser Hair Removal Systems
- Apex 800
- F1 Diode
- Light Sheer
- SLP 100