The Facts about Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal
Nd:YAG is a solid state laser system. This laser generates a beam at 1064nm (in the infrared spectrum). This laser, however, can also use a mode which doubles the frequency creating a green laser at 532nm.
This may be the most versatile laser for hair removal. It has been successful on all skin types notably on Asian skin types and others that traditionally laser hair removal therapies have not been successful on.
An important part of this method is using a carbon chromophore cream (A chromophore is the part of the molecule responsible for its color). Carbon is used for its absorptive property wich makes it ideal for safely using Nd:YAG lasers on the skin. This cream is applied to the skin before treatment to reduce the risk of burn.
- Effective on almost all skin and hair types.
- Some studies show longer delay in hair growth using this system.
- The most advanced system on the market.
- The carbon chromophore lotion could spread out in the skin causing a tattoo-like effect after laser pulse.
- Possible burns and discoloration.
Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal Systems
- Medlite IV